Oh, god. I’ll do anything to put off “Getting To Empty”, won’t I?
- I really really really like living on my own.
- I can see the day I’ll be ready to give it up anyway.
- Despite my good intentions, I probably will not finish the curtains before that happens.
- Surprise miracles are even better than the ones you wish for.
- The best way to make peppers is to sauté them in a bunch of olive oil, garlic and onions, a wee bit of red wine, then throw in a crapload of spinach at the end.
- The best way to cook steaks it to let The BF do it.
- My sister, Liz, makes the most amazing silver jewelry.
- My sister, Cathy, is amazing, period.
- My spirit guides were right.
- I don’t need a lot of stuff, but I need the stuff I have to be nice.
- The red sofa is too big for my living room.
- I am not, perhaps, the white tornado, after all.
- I have a visceral dislike for the color mint green.
- Vonage is cooler in theory than it is in practice.
- My jewelry isn’t worth as much as I thought it was.
- I need more art in my life.
- If my gut tells me something, I need to pay attention.
- That goes for literally as well as figuratively, in my case.
- That colorectal surgeon who withheld results from me, sending me into a tailspin of illness it took me a year and a half to climb out of didn’t realize what he wasn’t doing, and didn’t do it on purpose.
- I really and truly understand this.
- I’m ready to forgive him.
- Everything changes.
- It is 100% worth it to buy the wireless mouse.
- For each computer.
- Including an extra for your boyfriend’s house.
- It is way harder to design your own logo than it is to design someone else’s.
- There will always be some version of having to go to your friends’ shows just because they are your friends, even when you have effectively left the building.
- I have way too many clothes.
- I have more than enough money, even when I think I don’t.
- There will never be enough time.
- Should it come to that, it will be much easier to give up booze than it will coffee.
- Bloggy crushes are as much fun as show crushes, and very similar in nature.
- Except for short stretches, I will never be as glamorous as my mother, either of my grandmothers, most of my friends and both of my sisters.
- I am okay with that.
- They always have been.
- You do not know how beautiful life can be until you have added a delete button to your Gmail.
- The difference between love and attachment is the short step between living and shadow-living.
- If you buy a forest-green rug from Urban Outfitters and use it as a bedspread, you will wake up every morning with forest-green snot in your nose.
- Holidays are better for me as an orphan.
- My eyes will always be bigger than my stomach, so I better get jiggy with the workarounds.
- Estrofest is at least as transformative as morning pages.
- Implementing GTD is both easier and harder than I thought it would be.
- My level of ongoing commitment to something is dictated by delight, shame and money, in that order.
- I learned more about piano and guitar than I thought I would.
- The nano was made for the podcast.
- Despite 43 years of evidence to the contrary, I can get fat.
- I don’t need presents at Christmas, but I must have them on my birthday.
- The St. André at Trader Joe’s is not bad, not bad at all.
- Vodka is good for summer and scotch is good by the fire but my favorite flavor of hootch is bourbon.
- Writing things down makes all the difference.
May the lessons and gifts of 2005 make your 2006 all the richer.